- Consolidated Appropriations Act
- SHO# 22-001
- SHO# 23-002
- Performance Indicator Technical Assistance
- State Renewal Report
- Unwinding Data Report
View the complete CAA, 2023 reporting metrics dataset: Data.Medicaid.gov
Monthly Data Reports
These reports show how states are resuming regular eligibility operations following the end of the Medicaid continuous enrollment condition authorized by the Families First Coronavirus Response Act. The Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2023 (CAA, 2023) requires state monthly reporting about activities related to eligibility renewals, call center operations and transitions to Marketplace coverage, from April 1, 2023, through June 30, 2024. CMS is also providing information such as changes in Medicaid, CHIP and Marketplace enrollment; state operational data; and additional renewal metrics.
The monthly reports contain state-level Medicaid, CHIP and Marketplace metrics. CMS will consolidate data from multiple data sources. Given differences in availability of data across data sources, CMS will release each month’s data in two releases. The first release will reflect renewal outcomes, call center operations, and initial transitions to Marketplace coverage. The second release will focus on transitions of coverage for people who left Medicaid or CHIP in HealthCare.gov states and will follow two months after the initial release.
- Medicaid and CHIP CAA Reporting Metrics: State-reported data on Medicaid and CHIP eligibility renewals conducted during the reporting period and call center operations.
- National Summary of Renewal Outcomes: Summary-level information on the outcomes of Medicaid and CHIP eligibility renewals in states that had completed a full cohort of unwinding-related renewals during the reporting month.
- Medicaid and CHIP Unwinding Operations Snapshot: Data on state operations as reported in the Performance Indicator data set that examine application counts, the eligibility determination process, call center operations and total enrollment.
- Marketplace Medicaid Unwinding Report: Metrics from individual Marketplaces during the current reporting period. The report includes data for the states using HealthCare.gov and State-based Marketplaces (SBMs) that use their own eligibility and enrollment platforms.
Find more information about the contents of the reports and how they are created on Understanding the Data.
May 2023 Unwinding Data
- May 2023 Medicaid and CHIP CAA Reporting Metrics – released August 2023 (Excel)
- May 2023 National Summary of Renewal Outcomes (PDF) – released August 2023
- May 2023 Medicaid and CHIP Unwinding Operations Snapshot (PDF) – released August 2023
- Marketplace Medicaid Unwinding Report (Healthcare.gov, SBM) – released August 2023 (Excel)
Prior Months’ Unwinding Data
Data available on Data.Medicaid.gov are refreshed monthly and include states’ updates to their reported data.
- March and April 2023 Medicaid and CHIP CAA Reporting Metrics – released July 2023 (Excel)
- March 2023 National Summary of Renewal Outcomes (PDF) – released July 2023
- April 2023 National Summary of Renewal Outcomes (PDF) – released July 2023
- April 2023 Medicaid and CHIP Unwinding Operations Snapshot (PDF) – released July 2023
- Marketplace Medicaid Unwinding Report (Healthcare.gov, SBM) – released July 2023 (Excel)