Reporting Reminder History
|Date||Description of Change|
|06/18/2018||Original reporting reminder issued|
Reporting reminder updated in correspondence with the V3.0.0 data dictionary update:
This reporting reminder describes how to report DISCHARGE-DATE (CIP096 and CLT046) in the T-MSIS Claim IP and Claim LT file.
Impacted Data Elements
- DISCHARGE-DATE (CIP096 and CLT046)
- ADMISSION-DATE (CIP094 and CLT044)
- DATE-OF-BIRTH (ELG024)
- DATE-OF-DEATH (ELG025)
- ADJUDICATION-DATE (CIP098 and CLT050)
- PATIENT-STATUS (CIP199 and CLT141)
- BEGINNING-DATE-OF-SERVICE (CIP290)
- ENDING-DATE-OF-SERVICE (CIP291)
- States are required to report the date on which the recipient was discharged from a hospital in CCYYMMDD format.
- The date must occur on or after the admission date (ADMISSION-DATE (CIP094 and CLT044)), BEGINNING-DATE-OF-SERVICE (CIP290), and date of birth (DATE-OF-BIRTH (ELG024)) in the Eligible file.
- The date must occur on or before the adjudication date (ADJUDICATION-DATE (CIP098 and CLT050)), ENDING-DATE-OF-SERVICE (CIP291), and date of death (DATE-OF-DEATH (ELG025)) in the Eligible file.
- This is required field even when the patient dies, unless the patient is still a patient. If the patient is still admitted as a patient, the patient status code should indicate such (PATIENT-STATUS (CIP199 and CLT141).
 This is a new data element as of T-MSIS Data Dictionary V3.0.0.
T-MSIS File Type
T-MSIS Coding Blog