The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) established the Medicaid and CHIP Learning Collaboratives (MAC Learning Collaboratives) to achieve high-performing state health coverage programs, a goal that requires a robust working relationship among federal and state partners.
The MAC Learning Collaboratives are bringing together these partners to address common challenges and pursue innovations in Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) policies and operations as well as broader state health coverage efforts.
Learning Collaborative Focus Areas
Collaborative workgroups of state and federal officials are addressing topics that are critical for ensuring a solid health insurance infrastructure. Below are collaborative focus areas and broad goals; visit the links for more information on specific efforts and resources produced by the Learning Collaboratives.
- Expanding Coverage: Facilitate policy and operational discussions with states to effectively design and implement eligibility, enrollment, and benefits policies and procedures under the new coverage imperatives of the Affordable Care Act.
- Federally Facilitated Marketplace: Provide a forum for states that are interfacing with the Federally Facilitated Marketplace to explore policy, technology, and operational issues related to eligibility and enrollment functionality.
- Data Analytics: Bring state and federal officials together to consider how data analytics can be used to evaluate Medicaid and CHIP outcomes, drive continuous improvement, and enhance transparency and accountability.
- Exchange Innovators: In place from 2011 – 2014, this LC provided a forum for states to explore key policy, technology, and operational issues they faced in operating state-based marketplaces, while creating tools and artifacts to share with all states seeking to establish marketplaces.
- Value-Based Purchasing: In place from 2011 – 2014, this LC provided a forum for states and CMS partners to advance delivery system models that more effectively link payment to improved quality.
- Basic Health Program: Provide a forum to facilitate discussion among states and the Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services to inform the development of Basic Health Program guidance and support program implementation.
Learning Collaborative Team
The MAC Learning Collaboratives activities are coordinated by Mathematica and Manatt Health Solutions, with additional assistance from external experts and in close association with CMS. For additional information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.