Opportunities under this functional area complement existing Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services (CMCS) measurement related efforts (example, CMS Quality Strategy, Medicaid Adult Core Set).
Support to states under this functional area included:
- A three-part measure development contract led by the Medicaid Innovation Accelerator Program (IAP), the Medicare-Medicaid Coordination Office, and CMCS’s Disabled and Elderly Health Programs Group. Over the course of multiple years, the IAP developed or refined measures in key gaps areas across the IAP’s four program areas:
- Developing quality measurement tools and resources:
- Determining Performance Benchmarks for a Medicaid Value-Based Payment Program Brief (PDF, 488.37 KB) and related webinar slides (PDF, 5.02 MB) January 31, 2018
- Considerations for Measuring Person and Family Engagement and Activation in Medicaid (PDF, 359.15 KB)
- Strategies for Identifying Performance Measures and Assessing State Capacity for Reporting (PDF, 255.04 KB)