Child Core Set Reporting Resources
How States Voluntarily Report Child Core Set Measures
States can voluntarily report the 2019 Child Core Set measures by using the 2019 Technical Specifications and Resource Manual. A summary of updates to the child core set technical specifications and resource manual for federal fiscal year (FFY) 2019 is also available. CMS will publish the resources for reporting the 2020 Child Core Set in Spring 2020.
Additional Reporting Resources
- 2019 Child Core Set HEDIS Value Set Directory
- 2019 Child Core Set Non-HEDIS Value Set Directory
- 2019 Child Core Set Measurement Periods
- 2019 Child Core Set Data Quality Checklist
Archived Reporting Resources
For the 2018 technical specifications and value set directories, please email MACQualityTA@cms.hhs.gov.
Technical Assistance and Analytic Support Program
CMS is committed to supporting states’ efforts to measure and improve the quality of health care for children and adults enrolled in Medicaid and CHIP. To increase the number of states consistently collecting, reporting, and using the Child Core Set measures, CMS established the Technical Assistance and Analytic Support (TA/AS) Program to support states’ child health care quality measurement and improvement efforts.
The overarching goals are to increase the number of states consistently collecting and uniformly reporting the voluntary core measures set, and to help states understand how to use these data to improve the quality of care for children. As part of the technical assistance effort, CMS will share promising practices for collecting the core measures with states. For more information, see the TA/AS Program fact sheet.
Send your questions or requests for technical assistance related to the Child Core Set or quality improvement initiatives to MACqualityTA@cms.hhs.gov.
Technical Assistance Webinars
- Technical Assistance to Support Adult, Child, and Health Home Core Set Reporting for FFY 2019 – October 9, 2019
- Core Set Presentation slides
- MACPro Presentation slides
- Pt 1: Introduction to the MACPro Quality Measures FFY 2019 State Update (12:18)
- Pt 2: Updates to Quality Measures FFY 2019 Reporting (16:53)
- Pt 3: MACPro Access and Roles for Quality Measures (10:08)
- Pt 4: MACPro FFY 2019 QM System Updates and Additional Resources (6:35)
- Technical Assistance Webinar: Collecting and Using Stratified Data for Quality Improvement in Medicaid and CHIP – July 11, 2019
- Technical Assistance to Support State Reporting of the Child and Adult Core Sets for FFY 2019 – May 21, 2019
- Calculating the Multiple Concurrent Antipsychotics Measure in the Child Core Set – August 23, 2016
- Technical Assistance Webinar on the Dental Sealant Measure in the Child Core Set - November 12, 2015
- Developmental Screening in the First Three Years of Life: Understanding How to Collect and Use the Child Core Set Measure - June 2013
- Using CAHPS to Better Understand the Quality of Care for Children in Medicaid and CHIP - November 13, 2012
- Developing State-Level Rates for Children's Health Care Quality Measures - October 9, 2012
Additional Technical Assistance Resources
- Guide to Calculating the Use of Multiple Concurrent Antipsychotics in Children and Adolescents (APC-CH) Measure in the Child Core Set (March 2018)
- The State of Children's Health Care Quality in Medicaid and CHIP: State Strategies to Promote Reporting and Performance (March 2016)
- The State of Children’s Health Care Quality in Medicaid and CHIP: Who Are the Higher-Performing States? (May 2015)
- Technical Assistance Brief: Using the Hybrid Method to Calculate Measures from the Child and Adult Core Sets (October 2014)