Key resources for state reporting of the Core Set of health care quality measures for adults enrolled in Medicaid (the Adult Core Set) are included in the table below.
FFY 2022 Core Set Reporting Resources
State Reporting Starts: Fall 2022
Archived Reporting Resources
- 2021 Technical Specifications and Resource Manual, Value Set Directories, and Reporting Resources (ZIP, 8.33 MB) – State reporting coming soon!
- 2015 - 2020 Archived Adult Core Set Measure Lists and Reporting Resources (ZIP, 5.96 MB)
For previous years’ technical specifications and value set directories, please email MACQualityTA@cms.hhs.gov.
Technical Assistance and Analytic Support Program
CMS supports states’ efforts to measure and improve health care quality for children and adults enrolled in Medicaid and CHIP. To increase the number of states consistently collecting, reporting, and using the Medicaid Adult Core Set measures, CMS established the Technical Assistance and Analytic Support (TA/AS) Program to support states’ adult health care quality measurement and improvement efforts.
The overarching goals are to increase the number of states consistently collecting and uniformly reporting the voluntary core measures set, and to help states use these data to improve the quality of care for adults. For more information, see the Technical Assistance and Analytical Support Program fact sheet (PDF, 312.63 KB).
Questions or requests for technical assistance related to the Adult Core Set or quality improvement initiatives can be submitted t MACQualityTA@cms.hhs.gov.
Technical Assistance Webinars
- Technical Assistance Webinar to Support State Reporting of the Child, Adult, and Health Home Core Sets: FFY 2021 Updates and Reporting Resources – May 11, 2021
- Technical Assistance Webinar to Support State Reporting of the Child, Adult, and Health Home Core Sets: FFY 2020 Updates and Reporting Resources – April 2020
Additional Technical Assistance Resources
- Presentation Slides: Calculating the Substance Use Disorder Measures in the Adult Core Set (PDF, 985.66 KB) (June 5, 2018)
- Technical Specifications Questions and Answers: CMS Technical Assistance Webinar on Calculating the Substance Use Disorder Measures in the Adult Core Set (PDF, 445.63 KB) (June 5, 2018)