Adult Core Set Reporting Resources
How States Voluntarily Report Medicaid Adult Core Set Measures
States can voluntarily collect the 2019 Adult Core Set measures by using the 2019 Technical Specifications and Resource Manual. A summary of updates to the adult core set technical specifications and resource manual for FFY 2019 is also available.
Additional Reporting Resources
- 2019 Adult Core Set HEDIS Measures Value Set Directory
- 2019 Adult Core Set Non-HEDIS Measures Value Set Directory
- 2019 Adult Core Set Measurement Periods
- 2019 Adult Core Set Data Quality Checklist
Archived Reporting Resources
For the 2018 technical specifications and value set directories, please email MACQualityTA@cms.hhs.gov.
Technical Assistance and Analytic Support Program
CMS is committed to supporting states’ efforts to measure and improve the quality of health care for children and adults enrolled in Medicaid and CHIP. To increase the number of states consistently collecting, reporting, and using the Medicaid Adult Core Set measures, CMS established the Technical Assistance and Analytic Support (TA/AS) Program with an award of a contract to Mathematica Policy Research. Mathematica – teamed with the National Committee for Quality Assurance and the Center for Health Care Strategies – works with CMS to support states’ adult health care quality measurement and improvement efforts. The overarching goals are to increase the number of states consistently collecting and uniformly reporting the voluntary core measures set, and to help states understand how to use these data to improve the quality of care for adults. As part of the technical assistance effort, CMS will share promising practices for collecting the core measures with states. For more information, see the Technical Assistance and Analytical Support Program fact sheet.
Questions or requests for technical assistance related to the Medicaid Adult Core Set or quality improvement initiatives can be submitted to MACqualityTA@cms.hhs.gov.
Technical Assistance Webinar
- Technical Assistance Webinar: Collecting and Using Stratified Data for Quality Improvement in Medicaid and CHIP – July 11, 2019
- Technical Assistance to Support State Reporting of the Child and Adult Core Sets for FFY 2019 – May 21, 2019
- Technical Assistance to Support Adult, Child, and Health Home Core Set Reporting for FFY 2018 – September 25, 2018
- Presentation slides
- Pt 1: Technical Assistance FFY 2018 QM Reporting of Child, Adult & Health Home Core Sets (13:49)
- Pt 2: Technical Assistance FFY 2018 QM Reporting of Child, Adult & Health Home Core Sets (continued) (16:49)
- Pt 3: MACPro Access & Roles, FFY 2018 Updates, Tips/Tricks, & Additional Resources (19:32)
Technical Assistance Resources
- Technical Assistance Resource: Guidance for Calculating the Plan All-Cause Readmissions (PCR) Measure in the 2019 Adult and Health Home Core Sets (September 2019)
- Fact Sheet: Overview of Substance Use Disorder Measures in the Adult Core Set (Updated March 2019)
- Presentation Slides: Calculating the Substance Use Disorder Measures in the Adult Core Set (June 5, 2018)
- Technical Specifications Questions and Answers: CMS Technical Assistance Webinar on Calculating the Substance Use Disorder Measures in the Adult Core Set (June 5, 2018)
- Technical Assistance Brief: Approaches to Developing State-Level Rates Using Data from Multiple Sources (Updated March 2019)
- Technical Assistance Brief: Using the Hybrid Method to Calculate Measures from the Child and Adult Core Sets (October 2014)