The final Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) regulations set forth new requirements for several Medicaid authorities under which states may provide home and community-based long-term services and supports. The regulations enhance the quality of HCBS and provide additional protections to individuals that receive services under these Medicaid authorities.
- Final Regulation:
- 1915(i) State Plan HCBS, 5-Year Period for Waivers, Provider Payment Reassignment, Setting Requirements for Community First Choice, and 1915(c) HCBS Waivers - CMS-2249-F/CMS-2296-F
- Informational Bulletin - Final regulations for HCBS provided under Medicaid’s 1915(c), 1915(i) and 1915(k) authorities
- Press Release - Final regulations for HCBS provided under Medicaid’s 1915(c), 1915(i) and 1915(k) authorities
- Fact Sheets Regarding Final Regulation CMS-2249-F/CMS-2296-F
- Overview of Regulation (PDF, 105.39 KB)
- 1915(c): Changes to HCBS Waiver Program
- 1915(i): Key Provisions for HCBS State Plan Option (PDF, 109.22 KB)
- Summary of Key Provisions of the HCBS Settings Final Rule (PDF, 120.41 KB)
- HCBS Final Rule Webinar Presentation Download (PDF, 405.51 KB)
- Final Rule: Questions and Answers (PDF, 189.41 KB)
Extension of Transition Period for Compliance with Home & Community Based Settings Criteria
An Informational Bulletin was released on May 9, 2017, indicating that the transition period for compliance with home and community based settings criteria is extended until March 17, 2022.