The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is dedicated to keeping current with federal regulations and Medicaid priorities and will continue to publish updated versions of the Medicaid Eligibility and Enrollment Toolkit (MEET) to reflect key changes. This toolkit was created to provide additional technical assistance to the states and their vendor partners in the development and implementation of their Eligibility and Enrollment systems.
CMS developed the Medicaid Eligibility and Enrollment Toolkit (MEET) in 2017 to assist states as they work to streamline and modernize their Eligibility and Enrollment (E&E) systems. CMS continues to focus on the goal of helping states to be successful in their implementations and to reduce project delays and costs.
A cornerstone of the new toolkit is the Medicaid Eligibility and Enrollment Life Cycle (MEELC). MEELC is flexible, fitting various state approaches and system development life cycles, e.g. Agile, Waterfall, etc. The MEELC and toolkit checklists ensure alignment with the latest federal regulations and guidance, Medicaid Information Technology and Architecture (MITA) and the standards and conditions for Medicaid IT.
MEET describes the key roles in the MEELC, provides tools for the states to use, and presents an end-to-end view of CMS’s process to review the Medicaid E&E business functions and supporting systems being developed by states.
CMS maintains a list of Eligibility and Enrollment IT related questions and answers on its Frequently Asked Questions page.
Medicaid Eligibility and Enrollment Toolkit Version 1.1
CMS has released the newest version of the toolkit (v1.1):
- Medicaid Eligibility and Enrollment Toolkit 1.1 (ZIP 4.25 MB)
- 00 MEET 1.1 Welcome MEET Release Notes
- 01 MEET 1.1 Medicaid Eligibility and Enrollment Life Cycle
- 02 MEET 1.1 Appendix A_MEELC and At a Glance Sheets
- 03 MEET 1.1 Appendix B_Artifacts List
- 04 MEET 1.1 Appendix C_Std IVV Language
- 05 MEET 1.1 Appendix D_E and E IVV Progress Report Template
- 06 MEET 1.1 Appendix E_E and E ConOps Template
- 07 MEET 1.1 Appendix F_MITA eSelf Assessment Scorecard
- 08 MEET 1.1 Appendix G_PPU Template
- 09 MEET 1.1 Appendix H_Milestone Review Preparation Guide
- MEET Eligibility and Enrollment Checklist Set (ZIP 751.28 KB)
The Toolkit was last updated August 1, 2018.