The T-MSIS data set contains:
- Beneficiary eligibility & enrollment data.
- Utilization & cost data.
- Payment data.
- Provider participation, qualifications & affiliations.
- Service delivery network and managed care plan data about plan level participation.
- Data on the degree to which third party liabilities (e.g. insurance carrier level data) offset the cost of covered benefits provided to Medicaid and CHIP beneficiaries.
The T-MSIS Data Dictionary provides the requirements for States to correctly map State system data to T-MSIS record layouts in order to accurately send Medicaid and CHIP data to CMS via monthly file submissions. In conjunction with the T-MSIS Coding Blog, the data dictionary provides documentation for effective file submissions.
- T-MSIS Data Dictionary: This artifact will provide information about the definitions of all data elements in each file type including ELG, PRV, MCR, CIP, CLT, COT, CRX, & TPL.
- T-MSIS Data Dictionary Valid Value List: CMS collects valid values from various industry and government sources. This artifact will provide information about the list of valid values for several data elements in each file type including ELG, PRV, MCR, CIP, CLT, COT, CRX, & TPL.
- T-MSIS Data Dictionary Appendices: Technical instructions for submissions on financial transactions, adjustments, and more.
- T-MSIS Data Dictionary Record Segment Relationships: This artifact will provide information about the record segment relationships within each file type.
- T-MSIS Data Dictionary Record Layouts: This artifact will provide the T-MSIS record layout of each file type.