State Profile Tool Grant Program
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) awarded $1,495,162 in supplemental funding to seven of the existing State Profile Tool grants in fiscal year 2010.
The State Profile Tool grant program is designed to:
- Help states take a critical first step in assessing their individual state long-term support systems with the completion of the “State Profile Tool”
- Provide support to states as they partner with CMS and National Balancing Indicators Project (NBIP) to develop a national set of balancing indicators and enhance their state data systems capacity.
Supplemental awards will enable current grantees to continue and expand their work. Over a two-year period grantees will:
- Field test two American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) surveys that assess state long term services and supports available to older adults and other adults with disabilities
- Test refined measures that result from a crosswalk of other indicator projects at both the Officer of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation (ASPE) and the AARP
- Test new measures that result from the above-mentioned crosswalk, as well as provide CMS with information on data collection challenges and gaps
- Update the State Profile Tool developed in Phase I of the grant program to include a chapter on quality measures that identifies the quality measures currently collected by the state and explains how they are used