State Profile Tool Grant Program
CMS awarded $1,495,162 in supplemental funding to seven of the existing State Profile Tool grants in FY 2010.
The State Profile Tool grant program is designed to:
- Help States take a critical first step in assessing their individual state long-term support systems with the completion of the “State Profile Tool”; and
- Provide support to States as they partner with CMS and National Balancing Indicators Project (NBIP) to develop a national set of balancing indicators and enhance their State data systems capacity.
Supplemental awards will enable current grantees to continue and expand their work. Over a two-year period grantees will:
- Field test two AARP surveys that assess state long term services and supports available to older adults and other adults with disabilities;
- Test refined measures that result from a crosswalk of other indicator projects at both the Officer of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation (ASPE) and the AARP;
- Test new measures that result from the above mentioned crosswalk, as well as provide CMS with information on data collection challenges and gaps; and,
- Update the State Profile Tool developed in Phase I of the grant program to include a chapter on quality measures that identifies the quality measures currently collected by the State and explains how they are used.