Statewide Transition Plans
This table provides all available documents related to Statewide Transition Plans (STP). The table is updated as states and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) submit additional documents. View more information about the STPs and the final Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) regulation.
|District of Columbia||Final Approval4|
|New Hampshire||Initial Approval3|
|New Mexico||Initial Approval3|
|North Carolina||Initial Approval3|
|North Dakota||Final Approval4|
|Rhode Island||Initial Approval3|
|South Carolina||Initial Approval3|
|South Dakota||Initial Approval3|
|West Virginia||Initial Approval3|
- Proposed Plan URL: The URL link to the STP the state submitted to CMS.
- Clarifications and/or Modifications required for Initial Approval (CMIA): The communication CMS sends to the state notifying the state that public comment, input and summary requirements are met, but CMS has identified issues that must be resolved in the STP prior to initial approval.
- Initial Approval with Milestones and a Resubmission Date: The communication CMS sends to the state notifying the state that public comment, input and summary requirements are met, the STP is sufficient, but systemic and/or site-specific assessments are not yet completed. The response to the state will vary dependent on whether the state has or has not identified settings that are presumed to have institutional characteristics and any information the state may wish CMS to consider under the heightened scrutiny process.
- Final Approval: The communication CMS sends to the state notifying the state that public comment, input and summary requirements are met, the STP has provided all necessary information including but not limited to; systemic assessment, site specific assessment, settings presumed to have institutional characteristics, information regarding heightened scrutiny or the state’s decision to let the presumption stand, and clear remedial steps with milestones are delineated.
- Approved Plan: The CMS approved STP.