State Medicaid & CHIP Profiles
Every state’s Medicaid and CHIP program is changing and improving – most states are expanding coverage for low-income adults; all states are modernizing their Medicaid/CHIP eligibility, enrollment and renewal processes and systems, and taking advantage of many of the new flexibilities provided by the Affordable Care Act. Finally, states are coordinating the application and enrollment process with the messaging and policies for the Health Insurance Marketplace operating in their state to ensure that there is no wrong door to coverage.
Click on the map below or select from drop-down to see each state’s Medicaid and CHIP profile.
Each state’s profile includes information about:
- Medicaid-Marketplace Overview
- Medicaid and CHIP Eligibility Levels
- Medicaid and CHIP Monthly Enrollment Reports
- Medicaid/CHIP Applications
- Targeted Enrollment Strategies
- Medicaid and CHIP State Plan Amendments
- State Demonstrations and Waivers
- Medicaid Delivery System
- CHIP Program Information
- Medicaid/CHIP Children’s Participation Rate
- Medicaid/CHIP Eligibility Verification Plans
- MAGI Conversion Plans