Coordination with Affordable Insurance Exchanges
The Affordable Care Act creates a system of coverage between Medicaid, the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), and Affordable Insurance Exchanges. This system enables individuals and families to apply for coverage using a single application and have their eligibility determined for all insurance affordability programs through one simple process.In order to achieve this goal, federal funding is provided through a variety of venues to help states improve their eligibility and enrollment systems.
Areas of interest under this provision:
- Medicaid, CHIP, and Exchange Eligibility and Enrollment
- Eligibility Determination and Enrollment Systems
Medicaid, CHIP, and Exchange Eligibility and Enrollment: Creating a simple streamlined system of affordable coverage between Medicaid, CHIP, and Affordable Insurance Exchanges.
- Section 1413 under Title I Quality, Affordable Health Care
- Section 2201 under Title II Role Of Public Programs
- Proposed Rule 42 CFR Parts 431, 433, 435, and 457 "Medicaid Programs: Eligibility Changes Under the Affordable Care Act of 2010" - 8/17/11 [Document ID: CMS-2011-0139-0002]
- Proposed Rule 45 CFR Parts 155 and 157 "Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: Exchange Functions in the Individual Market: Eligibility Determinations; Exchange Standards for Employers" - 8/17/11 [Document ID: HHS-OS-2011-0024-0001]
- Proposed Rule 26 CFR Part 1 "Health Insurance Premium Tax Credit" - 8/17/11 [Document ID: IRS-2011-0024-0001]
Eligibility Determination and Enrollment Systems: Providing federal funding to streamline and upgrade Medicaid eligibility systems to assure a simple and seamless enrollment experience for consumers who qualify for Medicaid or who are shopping for health insurance in Affordable Insurance Exchanges.
- Final Rule 42 CFR Part 433 - 4/19/11
- CMCS Informational Bulletin - 4/14/11
- Enhanced Funding Requirements: Seven Conditions and Standards 1.0 - 4/2011
- Enhanced Funding Requirements: Expedited Advance Planning Document Checklist 1.0 - 4/2011
- Guidance for Exchange and Medicaid Information Technology (IT) Systems 2.0 - 5/2011