Medicaid Fact Sheets: Basics for Consumers
Helping Consumers Understand the Basics
Throughout the nation, efforts to enroll eligible individuals in health insurance are moving forward. Millions are eligible for Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) – in many states, more people than ever before – and still need to be connected to the vital health benefits these programs provide. Medicaid and CHIP enrollment is year-round and is not subject to an open enrollment period. Eligible individuals can enroll at any time and get coverage right away.
To help support outreach and enrollment efforts, the Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services (CMCS) is offering a set of Medicaid Fact Sheets that are aimed at helping consumers understand the basics:
- Who is eligible for Medicaid and CHIP?
- What benefits do the programs provide?
- How can individuals enroll?
These fact sheets feature a variety of images and are available in English and Spanish. One set of fact sheets are tailored for states that have expanded Medicaid (green background) and another set for states that have not expanded (blue back ground). We also are offering materials for use in American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) communities, where it is important to discuss specific protections for applicants and beneficiaries.
To help ensure the fact sheets will be as useful as possible, we are also offering to customize the materials with local phone numbers, logos and other information. (Please note: We will customize the design of the fact sheets, but we are unable to supply printed copies.) To assist you in making your request for localized materials, we are providing a customization guide for the general fact sheets and also a customization guide for the AI/AN fact sheets. Below you will find links to all the fact sheets, along with the product numbers you will need if you would like the item to be customized. You may, of course, download and print any of these fact sheets for use without customization.
We hope you find these fact sheets helpful. We are eager to hear how you are putting them to use and also if you have any suggestions for additional materials or improvements we should consider. Please email us with any comments or questions at Medicaid2014@cms.hhs.gov.
For States Expanding Medicaid
- “Family of 4” English / “Family of Four” Spanish – (CMS Product No. 11809)
- “Dad and Daughter” English / “Dad and Daughter” Spanish – (CMS Product No 11824)
- “Male with Beard” English / “Male with Beard” Spanish – (CMS Product No. 11811)
- “Female with White Tank Top” English / “Female with White Tank Top” Spanish – (CMS Product No. 11826)
- “Female with Turquoise Outfit” English / “Female with Turquoise Outfit” Spanish – (CMS Product No. 11828)
- “Female with White Shirt/Red Flowers” English / Female with White Shirt/Red Flowers” Spanish – (CMS Product No. 11830)
For Non-Expansion States
- “Family of 4” English / “Family of Four” Spanish – (CMS Product No. 11801)
- “Dad and Daughter” English / “Dad and Daughter” Spanish – (CMS Product No 11823)